Growth Mindset

 Prior to watching the videos about growth mindset by Carol Dweck, I had never heard to either of them. I did not know what growth mindset was beside what I assumed it to be and I have never seen Carol Dweck. Watching the videos taught me about what the growth mindset is and showed me how similar my mindset is without even knowing it. Growth mindset is all about yets and not yets. It's about problems being challenging and wanting to be able to figure out the solution even if it is way over our heads. I believe that I follow this way of thinking because I love to sit down and try to solve nearly impossible problems. Wether that is simple hand held puzzles like a Rubik's cube or hard coding problems that take hours to figure out. I never completely give up, but I take a break and visualize telling myself not yet. This is a very important way to think because it will get you further in life knowing that things will be difficult at some points but there are always ways to get through.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to a Coder

Week 7 Storytelling